It looks like we don't have to wait until January for the January Sales this year, so many stores are giving us amazing discounts before Christmas this year. And if you're as tempted as me, despite the warning/threats from our families about buying things for ourselves before Christmas, the huge discounts have tempted me. So I've rounded up some of my favourite online sales.
But remember the golden sale rules so you don't end up with last seasons rejects:
- Try working out what you'd like before looking through the sales.If you want a midi dress to wear to a special occasion, then narrow your search to that item.
- The sales will always have fragmented sizes available, so before you start shopping filter by your size to avoid the disappointment of seeing your dream boots which are only available in size 4.
- Don't buy something just because it has a huge discount, just because it's cheap doesn't mean you'll wear it.
- Make sure whatever you buy fits with your style and current wardrobe.
- Don't buy something to 'slim into'.
- Look for items you had your eye on before the sale started.
- Sales are great for presents, so think ahead and get presents for friends and family.
- Go for quality over quantity. Even if it's four times the price of another jumper, you'll wear the cashmere cardigan lots more than the sheer maxi dress with built in pants.
- If you love it, get it there and then, or it will go to another happy shopper.
By Carina Sullivan